HELLO DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND: KIA REVEALS PICANTO ‘SHADOW’ SPECIAL EDITION
- Picanto ‘Shadow’ eclipses city car rivals with comprehensive equipment list, low running costs and affordable purchase price
- 15-inch alloys, privacy glass and LED daytime running lights included as standard
- 0-inch touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Finished in Astro Grey metallic paint, with exclusive black faux leather upholstery and light grey stitching inside
- Special edition model powered by popular 1.0-litre DPi engine
- Available to order in the UK today from £13,845 on-the-road
Kia UK has revealed the Kia Picanto ‘Shadow’, a special edition of the brand’s popular city car.
The Picanto ‘Shadow’ eclipses its rivals with a comprehensive list of standard features and equipment, ultra-low insurance and running costs, and an affordable purchase price. The special edition model is now available to order from Kia dealers, priced from £13,845 on-the-road.
For just £895 more than the equivalent ‘2’ model, the Kia Picanto ‘Shadow’ offers a range of high-value additions to lure customers into the darkness. These include 15-inch alloy wheels (up from 14-inch alloys), privacy glass, LED daytime running lights and bi-function projection headlamps, rear LED lights and front fog lamps. The body is also finished in premium Astro Grey metallic paint.
Inside, the ‘Shadow’ gives occupants additional ‘big car’ features, including a six-speaker audio system (‘2’ models feature a four-speaker system), 8.0-inch touchscreen display with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a centre console storage box with sliding armrest, and a reversing camera system with dynamic guidelines. Furthermore, the black cloth upholstery from the ‘2’ is replaced with exclusive new black faux leather upholstery with light grey stitching.
The Picanto ‘Shadow’ is powered by Kia’s popular 1.0-litre DPi (Dual-Port injection) petrol engine, producing 66bhp and paired with a five-speed manual transmission.
Like the ‘2’ model upon which it’s based, it also features a range of other comfort and safety features. These include air conditioning, electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist City functionality, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), and Torque Vectoring by Braking technology.
Order books for the Kia Picanto ‘Shadow’ are now open